Sunday, May 17, 2009

What Have I Been Doing




I can't believe it was almost a month ago that I last posted. Sorry, Sorry.

Mothers day has come and gone, it was very nice, DH was working on the deck and is still working on the deck. I can't wait for that to be finished and neither can he.
I went to Minnesota, Chaska to be exact to visit my sister and her family. It was my oldest niece Kira's confirmation. It was a lovely day, nicer than here, and we all had a good time. I represented the east coast part of the family. I love Minnesota and greatly enjoy flying, even with all the hassle.

We are still working on the September wedding of my son and his fiance. We are going to a silk flower place in Pennsylvania soon to get the flowers. Our daughter just had a wedding shower for her best friend, here at the house, today. That wedding is June12 (what ever the Saturday is) and we are going. It is in Boiling Springs, NC a beautiful little town, home to Gardner Webb University. Can't wait for that, it will be a mini vacation for Darby and I.

As an aside one of her best friends cousins brought their 8 week old little boy, he started crying and no one could seem to sooth him. The minute Catherine took him he quieted down. She really has the touch. She is very special and it takes someone special to work in the Neonatal Intesive Care Unit.

My brothers second bone marrow transplant has been put on hold. They say he would not survive. His biopsy shows dead lukemia cells which is very good, but his body is not producing enough blood, he is still having to get transfusions. They are doing IVG which is an immune boosting treatment, hoping this will kick start his bone marrow.

He is getting a little discouraged, with John Hopkins. They are living on a reputation that is not exactly true. There patient relations sucks. You are lucky if you talk to the doctor and he actually answers your questions. We are still praying and ask everyone we know to please continue to pray for Chip and his family.

I am trying to figure out why I can't seem to get my things done. I think it is because I am doing for everyone else. I just want one week that I have nothing to do. Darby is out of town this week, maybe I can get some things done. I won't have to worry about getting meals and things.

I will try to Blog a little more frequently. The picture is my Clematis vine in the front of my house and the beautiful sunset we had.








No comments: