Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lacy Trees


No I am not writing about knitting trees in lace, I am talking about the look of the trees as Spring slowly unfolds. I drove to Hagerstown, MD today and the mountains had a kind of lacy look to them.

If you look closely the buds are just ready to burst open. They say the Cherry Blossoms will be early this year. I have never gone down, because of the crowds, but have occasionally seem them along the George Washington Parkway. My trees are starting to get that lacy look, and the forsythia are starting to bloom.

I am also having to watch for birds wanting to build their nests everywhere they are not suppose to. Their songs are pretty and really announce spring, I believe the official first day of spring is Sunday, with Monday being the first full day. What a lovely birthday present for my daughter Catherine.

Spring has got to be my favorite time of year. That short period where it is about 70 to 75 degrees, low humidity and a slight breeze. We always seem to go from that nice balmy day to summer around here. One day it is cold, the next balmy and the next summer.

Enjoy the spring, the flowers and Easter. We will to soon be in heat and humidity.

No comments: