Monday, March 21, 2011

An Essay of Sorts


As I was out doing errands today I passed an intersection where a man was standing with a hand made sign. I don't know exactly what the sign said, but I am sure it was something about being homeless and hungry, many say thank you and God Bless. This got me to thinking.

We just finished studying Matthew in Bible Study and one of the sayings of Jesus was that at the end times the sheep and the goats would be separated in to two groups. The sheep were the ones who clothed those without clothes, and fed the hungry, etc. The goats were the ones who had not taken care of Jesus's helpless ones. They asked Jesus when did we see you naked and not cloth you or hungry and not feed you. Jesus's reply to them was when one of the least of my flock needed something you were to help them and you didn't. I know I am paraphrasing here, but I hope you get the message.

How often do we see people such as this gentlemen and drive right past because we are doing something we are not to do. We are judging, we say if I give him money he will just go and buy liquor or drugs. This is judging, Jesus asks us to cloth, feed and protect the least of His flock, not judge what they are going to do with what we have given them, only God can truly judge.

We have so complicated Jesus' message that do we even know what His message is. We are to love one another as we love ourselves or we are to love one another as Jesus loves us. Jesus loves all of us, he may not like us sometimes but He always loves us, we are to do the same.
It gives us all something to think about, especially at this time of year. We are reminded of what Jesus did for us, how He suffered and died so that we may live forever in Hid Kingdom. It was popular many years ago to wear bracelets or Tshirts with WWJD (what would Jesus do), I think we all need to keep that in our minds when we go to do something.

Give without thinking, thinking just muddies the waters. Give freely and without judgement. So you can be a sheep and not a Goat.

No comments: