Saturday, April 23, 2011

He Is Risen Happy Easter













My uncle posted this on his Facebook page and find it very appropriate for Easter:

I think that I shall never see,
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest,
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear,
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
Trees, by Joyce Kilmer


I remember in fourth or fifth grade at Visitation Academy our Choral teacher setting this to music and having us sing it. Every thing we have and everything we are is from God. We need to lift our arms in prayer and look at God at least once in our busy day. It is the least we can do, after what Jesus has done for us.

I know a little rain must fall in our lives, but this is getting ridiculous. Will we ever see that big yellow ball in the sky again.
We need the rain but let's keep some for this summer.

I am almost finished my Mom's birthday shawl, I did it in Knit Picks Chroma worsted, I was a little concerned about the color, it is rather bright. I feel better, because last week my Mom showed me a dress in orange and she said she loved the color, so she should like this, it is Smoothie, a mixture of orange, pink, peach, etc.

I may go to Maryland Sheep and Wool this year, depending on the weather. I don't have any money, but I would like to go at least once. I read about a spinning class they were having before the show, but it was $150.00 which I can't spare right now.

I find as the weather gets warmer I still want to knit, but have trouble finding light weight things to do. I have at least three shawls going right now, I think I need something new. I will try socks.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and that warm weather soon appears.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.