Friday, November 23, 2012

A Wonderful Thanksgiving and Adventure

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful, all of my family was here and some of our friends.  I was so glad that my brother, his fiancee and daughter were able to come.  Chip has cancer and every day is precious and a gift.  Every one enjoyed the great meal and then the Redskins win over the Dallas Cowboys. Go Skins!

We are now getting ready to head down south to visit more family.  I am anxious to  see what the weather will be like in Charleston and Aiken, SC.  We are leaving Saturday and the weather here will be cold, just like I like it.  SC will be in the high 50's to low 60's which is OK.

I finished my Mom's shawl for her Christmas present and I continue to work on my Camelot Coat.  I have started a beaded scarf, and a Mr. Greenjeans sweater.  The yarn I am using for the sweater has started out twice as different sweaters, that I have frogged.  This Mr. Greenjeans sweater is what it will finally be.  It is a top down sweater, with a long cabled edge on the bottom.  It should knit up quickly and will be nice and warm.

For anyone who reads this please keep my brother Chip in your prayers.  Prayer is what he really needs.

The picture is of Lake Merhl just up the street from our house.

No comments: