Friday, July 5, 2013

Catching UP



I can't believe that November was the last time I wrote in my blog, I need to remedy that right now.  A lot has happened since November.  We have put our house on the market (April of 2013) and have contracted with Dan Ryan in Hagerstown to build a new one story home.

We have been waiting patiently for a buyer, but I am getting a little antsy. Before we put our house on the market, there were few houses for sale and those that were, were going for top dollar.  Of course as soon as we put ours on the market, it became flooded with listings.  People for some reason want four bedrooms, even if those bedrooms are the size of a walk in closet.  We have three bedrooms and another room downstairs that could be used as a bedroom.  We have even buried St Joseph upside down in the yard to help sell the house.  It is a tradition that usually works.  He has been slow finding us a buyer, but I think he will.

In other news our son Darby and his wife Dawn are moving to San Antonio, TX.  Dawn got a job ( a lateral move ) down there and they are really looking forward to it.   I will miss my baby boy terribly, but I am happy for them. Darby works for Lowes and they are trying to find him a position down there, but if not he will find something, maybe even in a different field.

My brother Chip is not doing so well and has been going down to Duke in hopes of beating the cancer.  There is a new drug that will most probably work, but it does not come out until next year.  The Dr. at Duke are trying very hard to get him into remission until this new drug comes out.  Please keep him in your prayers.

My knitting is coming along as usually and I am getting a kick spindle for my birthday. Here is a picture of one.  Mine looks basically the same with the exception that the block part has a Celtic Knot design carved into it.  I can't wait to get it.

I started out spinning with a drop spindle and picked it up very quickly, so this should be easy.  I do better with the drop spindle then I so with my wheel. This is  basically a drop spindle, but instead of putting the spin in the spindle by rolling it across your lap, you kick the attached wheel with your foot.  You can drop spindle this way any where, even sitting in a car.

You see my favorite flower in the picture above, and mine are blooming their heads off in my backyard.

I will try and stay up to date, and hopefully not go so long between posts. TTFN

No comments: