Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life


It is the middle of the week and on the down slope to the weekend. I am knitting a few different things, really trying to finish some UFO's. A dear friend Joyce is back in Intensive Care and my prayers go out to her and her family. I have not yet been able to try my spinning wheel, to busy with other things. I am going to make an effort to try and do some spinning.

We got about 3 inches of snow here, but we in the Mt. Airy Town Hall Knitting group, are like the post office, nothing keeps us from Knitting. We had a small group, but of course as always we had fun. Every week someone has something new to show.

We were talking at lunch about knitting for others. If you sat down and added up the cost of the yarn and your time even at minimum wage, people would not pay what you should honestly charge for a knitted garment. So only knit for those you know will truly appreciate your gift.

I am sitting here looking at my bookshelves and really think I need to go through and pare down and straighten up.

With Darby retiring at the end of this year, it ought to be interesting. I look at our sitting room/office and wonder how we both will share it. He says the only time he will need his computer is for paying bills and checking email; we will see if that happens.
I am thinking of maybe two smaller desks with two seperate chairs, maybe, I don't know. I really am getting to the point that I don't like clutter and want to pare things down.

Well I guess that is all for today. As David Reidy says. Carpa Lanium, cease the yarn.

No comments: